I wasn’t planning on doing another post today, but chatting with Harry after Sunday lunch kind of made this extra post necessary…
We got a few more questions from Burin Bache — but I only got as far as asking Harry the first question before things got a little out of hand…
Burin’s question was: Of all the things that the Stainless Steel Rat has done — fighting the gray men, tackling aliens, blowing up the revenue authorities, and driving Inskipp nuts — what is the one thing you’d most like to have done yourself.
Harry Harrison’s answer was: The thing I’d most like to have done myself was to get into Angelina’s knickers!
I was so shocked and appalled by this that I couldn’t continue with the interview… 😉
For those less familiar with colloquial English, Harry’s response didn’t mean that he wanted to dress in Angelina’s underwear, but rather that he would like to have… well, you can work it out, I’m sure.
Our conversation following this eventually turned into a series of questions that Harry Harrison wanted to ask Burin Bache — so here we go, Harry’s revenge on Burin!
(1) What is the equivalent colloquial German phrase for ‘I’d like to get into her knickers’?
(2) Which is your favourite Perry Rhodan book?
(3) Have you read any good German military SF? Which books would you recommend?
(4) What’s the colloquial German term for borborygmus?
(5) What’s your opinion on the use of skeuomorphisms in the design of modern gadgets?
There’s your challenge, Burin, we need your answers before the end of tomorrow… 🙂